A Place to Realize Your Potential
Carpenter & Langford prides itself on helping each member of our accounting staff realize their full professional potential. Over more than 25 years in practice, we’ve learned a lot about assisting staff in their professional development, creating a supportive and collegial work environment, and giving our folks the time they need away from work in order to perform better during the time they are at work. We also recognize how lucky we are to be a part of one of the greatest communities in the country. In thanks, we encourage and support the community and philanthropic efforts of our employees, and we do as much as we can as a firm to give back to the city of Austin and its people. Please review the position descriptions below for more information about the opportunities currently available at Carpenter & Langford.
Carpenter and Langford, PLLC, is a full-service accounting firm located in Austin, Texas. We are dedicated to providing professional and personalized comprehensive financial services to a wide range of clients. From the outset, we have understood that we are not only in the accounting business, we are also in the relationship business.
Our firm is growing, and we are seeking an exceptional Staff Accountant to join us, work as a key member of our team, and facilitate ongoing, successful relationships.
About the Position:
The Staff Accountant position will be focusing on personal income tax, corporate, partnership
and estate tax, and tax planning.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Preparing tax returns for individuals, corporations, partnerships, estates, and trusts
- Bookkeeping as needed to facilitate tax return preparation
- Performing engagements in an efficient manner to meet deadlines
- Learning how to develop relationships with clients
- Providing tax planning and consulting for clients to help them achieve their goals
- Engaging in tax research on a wide range of issues
- The position will require extended hours and will not allow for time off between January 1st
and April 15th.
About the Candidate:
Our ideal candidate has the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 1 to 2 years recent public accounting experience
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to interact effectively with all levels
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Positive attitude with desire to be an integral part of a team
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic and desire to learn
- Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to a variety of circumstances
- Great time management and prioritization skills
- Proficient in Windows and Microsoft Office
- Strong basic tax & accounting background is preferred
- Enrolled Agent, CPA or CPA Candidate, Knowledge of Ultra Tax, Accounting CS and/or GoFileRoom
- Proficiency in QuickBooks is a plus, but not a requirement
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- 401k Matching
- Health Benefits including medical, vision and life insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Great Work/Life Balance
Prospective applicants should submit their contact information and resume to .