Carpenter and Langford, P.C. provides a variety of tax, accounting, business advisory, and IRS representation such as individual and business tax preparation, IRS audits, strategic business and financial planning, and accounting software installation and setup. We’ve been assisting individual and businesses for more than 25 years.
Our decades of experience give us comprehensive knowledge of the tax code and how it applies to each client’s specific situation. We prepare tax projections during the year to estimate tax liability, while also illuminating tax savings opportunities that will help reduce our clients’ tax liability for current and future tax filings.
We help our clients remain compliant with all federal and state tax filing requirements.
- Income tax returns – We prepare federal and state income tax returns for various entity types, including individuals, corporations, partnership, LLC/LLPs, trusts, estates, and not-for-profit organizations. Our accuracy and efficiency reduce costs and make a typically stressful process much less so.
- Payroll returns – Our payroll handling capabilities add great value for our business clients. It means one less administrative burden for them and more time to focus on growing their businesses. We prepare timely, accurate quarterly and annual payroll reports for both the IRS and the Texas Workforce Commission.
- Sales tax returns – We prepare sales tax returns for each reporting authority, as required by current applicable tax law.
We have assisted clients with their IRS issues ever since we opened our doors in 1991. We respond to IRS notices and represent our clients during the IRS examination process. Additionally, we negotiate directly with the IRS regarding payment plans or offers-in-compromise should a client accrue any outstanding liabilities.
Business Advisory Services
Business entity selection impacts numerous aspects of business operations, from inception to dissolution. We advise clients regarding the best entity selection options available based on a thorough evaluation of operational and financial needs.
The purchase or sale of a business should never be approached lightly. Lack of solid analysis, preparation, and forethought may result in dire financial consequences. Our experts give clients the analysis and insight needed to make a thoughtful, informed decision regarding acquisitions and dissolutions.
- Purchasing – We evaluate prospective businesses’ financial statements and assist in negotiating the best possible purchase price. We also structure the purchase for our client’s benefit and explain the tax implications of the sale structure.
- Selling – We guide clients in grooming their businesses for sale, whether it’s within the next year or at a future point in time. When that time arrives, we structure the actual sale and provide clients with analyses of both cash flow and tax impact.
Bookkeeping & Compilations
Our full-time bookkeeping staff records client financial activity and creates financial statements that chronicle monthly and year-to-date business progress. They also provide assistance and answer questions for our clients who do their own bookkeeping. When requested, we issue compiled financial statements for third party use (e.g. banks, lending institutions, and potential investors/buyers).